FOOD IS OUR COMMON GROUND
Last weekend, Oakland had its fourth annual Eat Real Festival at Jack London Square. Typical of the Bay Area’s diverse culture, the pier was packed with food trucks and vendors serving street food from places far and near. The best part was that all dishes were 5 bucks or under and featured local, sustainable ingredients. A few Sparkies and friends got our foodie hats on and spent Saturday afternoon in gorgeous 80 degree weather, feasting ourselves to delicious mouth watering yummies including:
- Chicken Zig at ÉireTrea: Irish and Eritrean Food Truck
- Mary’s 1/4 chicken from Fire and Smoke (sponsored by Whole Foods)
- Pulled pork slider from Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q
- Lamb smothered fries at The Whole Beast
- Awesome grilled cheese sandwiches
- Nutella strawberry and mexican chocolate creme brûlées at the Creme Brûlée Cart
- Pistachio double-scoops and ice-cream sandwiches at Ici Ice-cream
- Cupcakes from La Luna Cupcakes, and more…
Soo good! Enough said.
Photographs by Savio and Niraj. Quote in heading by James Beard.